EVERY FAMILY DESERVES AN INCREDIBLE VACATION
Set sail with the first cruise line
to earn Autism Friendly Certification
Royal Caribbean® has always been the best choice for family friendly cruising. Now we’ve got even more to offer for children and adults on the autism spectrum.
We are the first cruise line to achieve Autism Friendly Certification from Autism on the Seas Foundation TM — an independent organization with the aim of making the cruise experience comfortable and enjoyable for all guests.
Families sailing on our Autism Friendly Certified ships can be confident that they will find autism friendly products, amenities and even special television programming onboard. Our efforts to ensure inclusion and participation by the autism and developmental disability community create an inviting and supportive experience the entire family will appreciate.
DISCOVER OUR RANGE OF AUTISM FRIENDLY AMENITIES ONBOARD
- NEW! Enjoy complimentary television programming from The Autism Channel only on Royal Caribbean. Exclusive content includes entertainment and resources designed to enrich the lives of people with autism spectrum disorders.
- Priority check-in, boarding and departure.
- Special dietary accommodations, including gluten-free meals.
- Toy lending bags with autism friendly toys.
- Family movies shown in a low-lit, low-volume sensory friendly environment.
- A “Social Story” to share with autistic ahead of time, which helps to explain the cruise experience.*Please note while some activities are hosted, they do not necessarily provide supervision or one-on-one attention to teens and adults.
ADDITIONAL SERVICES FOR TEENS AND ADULTS WITH AUTISM
• Our Cruise Activities Program with autism friendly activities.
• For Teens Only: Our Teen Program with autism friendly activities. Note that adults are not permitted in Teen and Adventure Ocean® spaces.
ADDITIONAL SERVICES FOR CHILDREN WITH AUTISM
- Adventure Ocean® flexible grouping by ability instead of age for children 3 to 11.
- Adventure Ocean toilet-trained policy exemption.
- Pagers/phones for parents of children in
Adventure Ocean while signed into our care (subject to availability).